Meditation is the one of the most comprehensively stress relieving and life transforming practices available today, and perhaps from the beginning of recorded time. So, if meditation is so great – why aren’t we all doing it? At Lee’s Summit Holistic Wellness, we believe it’s because most people do not really know how to meditate. It looks pretty easy but every time we try, we lose interest and give up.
We are delighted to offer private meditation classes, introducing clients to a variety of meditation styles. In this 50 minute class we will discuss meditation purpose and benefits. We will also introduce some general meditation philosophies, as well as learn and practice several different meditation methods and techniques. It is recommended that you plan to attend at least 2 classes (per your chosen schedule), to allow for enough exposure in meditation practices to be able to select one that suits your lifestyle and personality.
Meditation can be a method to transcend into a highly spiritual mindset or it can be used for general stress relief and increased focus. Meditations versatility and flexibility to incorporate into anyone’s lifestyle make meditation one of the most powerful tools for relieving stress, anxiety, improving focus and general well-being. And to top it off – it’s free, available anytime, anyplace, for any length of time you can dedicate to it.
But that is just the tip of the iceburg. This timeless practice can put so many “parts” of you in the plus column, it’s hard to not start right away. Here are a few of the known health and wellness benefits of meditation:
- Improved attention and focus
- Reduces anxiety attacks (lowers the levels of blood lactate)
- Helps to build self confidence
- Increases serotonin which influences moods and behavior. (Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression, headaches and insomnia)
- Enhances energy, strength and vigor
- Helps keep blood pressure normal
- Reduces stress, tension & fatigue
- Induces a state of deep relaxation and general feeling of wellbeing
- Helps with Pre Menstrual Symptoms
- Improved concentration, memory, and strengthens the mind
- Helpful in reducing heart disease
- Improved overall state of mind
- Improved sleep
- Enhanced peaceful countenance
- Increased control of anger, irritation, annoyance, negative thinking
- Improved view of yourself
- Enhanced brain function, imagination and intuitiveness
- Increased connection to spirituality