Hypnotherapy & NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)

meaningful decisionsThe sub-conscious mind, which is the real captain of our human ship, is the holding tank for all of your life experiences, beliefs, memories, skills, behavior patterns and values.

The conscious mind is analytical and logical and helps us maintain a sense of awareness of ourselves and the world around us. It is estimated that the conscious mind only represents about 10% of our thinking process, while the deep murky waters of the sub-conscious mind represents the other 90%. Very often then, thinking from the sub-conscious mind is sometimes, well…….un-conscious. It may be very reactionary, habitual, and sometimes may even feel uncontrollable.

Changing habits or behaviors through the conscious mind is called willpower. Some people have tremendous willpower, but making any sort of change using willpower alone (conscious mind) without also changing the sub-conscious mind will mean that you are always going to have the be very conscious of the change to keep it up. It always has to be on the top of the mind. This is why many people let go of their resolutions or desire to change certain beliefs or habit after awhile, because it take a lot of effort to keep the change in the conscious mind. It’s not impossible, but very tough.

OriginofTroubleWebLasting change can really only occur in the subconscious mind, because this is the part of our mind that creates the true flow of our actions, words, thoughts, and intentions.  Since our sub-conscious minds contain our fundamental beliefs and values, changing a conscious belief without syncing up with the sub-conscious’ belief will create a great deal of conflict (also known as stress, anxiety, disease, depression, lethargy, and many other symptoms). We are constantly fighting ourselves between what we know we want to do and what we actually do.

Hypnotherapy &  NLP are direct pipelines to the sub-conscious mind. This is what makes them so effective and why the changes that occur with Hypnotherapy & NLP have a tendency to last. These method of treatment combine using the pathways to the sub-conscious mind, which is most generally our senses, to open the doors of the sub-conscious and break up or dissolve the patterns of unwanted or non-serving behaviors/beliefs and replace them with ones that bring out the best qualities in us.

By clicking on the links below, you can get more information on the process of Hypnotherapy and NLP. Many times these two treatment methods are used in conjunction (most hypnotherapists use NLP techniques during a hypnosis session). But NLP can be used independently and can also be taught to clients so the client is armed with powerful tools to continue to  initiate the changes they want in their lives. Hypnotherapy can also be used without a practitioner, but for best results you should work with a practitioner initially. At Lee’s Summit Holistic Wellness, we can tailor a recorded hypnosis for your specific need, which allows you to listen to your personalized hypnosis recording whenever you want to. Repetitive suggestions through hypnosis is a powerful tool for making lasting and significant change.

Hypnotherapy

NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>